Student Research Symposium 2012
This document contains archived material from the 2012 Symposium.
- Best Presentation Award: Manaal Faruqui ($500)
- Honorable Mentions: Long Qin, Reyyan Yeniterzi ($100 each)
- Best Poster Award: Kenton Murray ($100)
- Best Software Tool Poster: Michael Denkowski ($100)
- Long Qin OOV Word Detection using Hybrid Models with Mixed Types of Fragments
- Yulia Tsvetkov and Zaid Md Abdul Wahab Sheikh Identification and Modeling Word Fragments in Conversational Speech
- Zhou Yu Automatic Label Cleaning through Human Action Detection
- Reyyan Yeniterzi Using Explicit and Implicit Behaviors to Find Experts in Intra-Organizational Social Media
- Manaal Faruqui A model of formal and informal address in English
- Meghana Kshirsagar Techniques to cope with missing data in host-pathogen interaction prediction
- Vivian Chen Two-Layer Mutually Enforced Random Walk for Improved Multi-Party Meeting Summarization
- Kenton Murray "The Semantic Scan Statistic"
- Justin Chiu "Explorations in Zero-Resource Spoken Term Detection"
- Sujay Kumar Jauhar "Re-Assessing Lexical Simplification Quality from a Practically Motivated Standpoint"
- Mohit Kumar "Empirical Comparison of Active Learning Strategies for Handling Temporal Drift"
- Michael Denkowski "TransCenter: Web-Based Translation Editing and Tracking"
- Sujay Kumar Jauhar "SimpLex V0.1 - Scripts for Streamlining Lexical Simplification Learning"
- Alok Parlikar "TestVox: Web Based Listening Tests Framework"
- Jonathan Clark "Ducttape: Simple, Replicable Exploration of HyperWorkflows"